Reminders from Tim Ferriss for being productive instead of being busy
Via BNet. I love Tim. Seriously.
- Elimination, not organization, is key
- Single task – focus on start-to-finish completion of a few critical tasks
- Pareto principle (80/20) – you’ll get 80% of results from best 20% actions
- Divorce effort from results – performance instead of presence – focus on results and clearly defined milestones – “Crutch” activities e.g. checking email are really procrastination
- Optimize your environment that forces you to do the proper things instead of relying on self discipline (e.g. Paul Graham’s 2 desks) – Parkinson’s law
- Culitvate selective ignorance – catch up when need be, instead of keeping up – let things wait